Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing out dax wax

Options
  • 03-04-2018 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads not sure if i should post here but does anybody have a good method for removing red dax wax, its good stuff to keep hair in place but cant wash it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MissGriff

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Hi Lads not sure if i should post here but does anybody have a good method for removing red dax wax, its good stuff to keep hair in place but cant wash it out.

Hey, not a lad but have cropped hair so have used this, other products like it. Anyway, I find that if you put the the shampoo in your hair before wetting it , it breaks down the wax/ grease first..then stick your head under the shower as normal.
    Feels crappy but rub the shampoo in well, before you wet it.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Or sit in a sauna for a while. It melts out. Then wash as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Fairy washing up liquid

You can thank me later

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Fairy washing up liquid

You can thank me later

Shîte for your skin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Better suggestion would be don't use dax tbh. A barber a number of years ago told me it's bad for the scalp as it's so difficult to wash out. You are better off using a water based wax / gel. I use the shockwaves stuff that comes in a little pot. Smells really nice, provides full day hold and washs out without the need for shampoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Use oil to dissolve it!

Just put a reasonable amount of light (not extra virgin) olive oil into your hair and leave it to sit for about 10 minutes.

Wash your hair several times with shampoo and it should be gone.

It's the only way to do it without using anything harsh / nasty like dish soap. In fact, the olive oil is probably really good for your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Back in the days when I had hair and dabbled in dax wax, as I recall there is a specific Dax wax shampoo...if it's still on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Best solution is probably not to put it in in the first place :D

Advertisement