Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D life casting

Options
  • 03-04-2018 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi.. I’m looking for help in finding training courses and sourcing supplies and materials in Ireland for 3D life castings..There’s no shortage of this in the U.K. but I’m trying to avoid the cost of traveling to the U.K. for the courses and shipping costs for materials ..
    Any advise and pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

I was in a similar position, from what I hear on the grapevine the one in Scotland is the best course (but thats reflected in the price). Decided to wing it in the end with the help of youtube etc. The best alginate prices I found were on Amazon, RPM in Dublin also stock it. I came across a more fibrous alginate some where for larger pieces but can't remember where. Try out the different plasters to find one your happy with and then experiment with the finish. I use Decoart paint, and various wax acrylics as and when I think its needed or requested.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

If you can give a bit more info on what you want exactly, I have a family member who may well be
    able to help you get sorted. Highly experienced in this area including life size casting.ect

kadman

Advertisement