Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making non-incremental service pensionable

Options
  • 03-04-2018 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

I'm looking into my employment history at the moment with a view to applying to make service pensionable from many years ago. Has anyone ( probably the more "mature" members of this forum!! ), tried to get serviced approved for pension in a school that has closed down?? I've 3 such schools in my service history. In 2 of them I have contact details for the person I subbed for in one and a friend of the person I subbed for in another. The guy from Cornmarket told me that records from the Tax Office would suffice but I don't think they will. Any advice much appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Were they VEC or Dept schools? They would have been your employer so that's who you should contact for your records.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pandoraj09

Unfortunately the schools were my employers. This was before computerised records so even the schools that I worked it that are still open don't have records dating back to the time I was there. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Were you a privately paid teacher?

Advertisement