Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deepretrofit Grant

Options
  • 03-04-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Has anyone got this? we are currently upgrading our home and adding two extensions to the property, A large reason fro the upgrade was insulation and heating. House was built in 1973 and is very cold.

I was on the SEIA website as someone mentioned a 50% grant for houses that upgrade their energy rating to A3. Now, on teh SEI website it says this:

"If you are a homeowner interested in the Deep Retrofit of your home, you should contact your local authority, local energy agency or community group to see if you can get involved through them. We are currently not accepting applications from individual homeowners. We need to learn through the pilot before developing a model to deliver high quality deep retrofit to individual homeowners."

So I rang the Roscommon Co. Council. They actually told me to go to the SEIA website as they weren't sure. I'm not sure who i should be contacting for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've had some contact with a crowd called Snip on this subject.

Confusingly, they don't just do work in Tipp (I am in Wicklow).

Snip

The way it was described to me (and I may have misremembered/misunderstood), the agency acts as some combination of architectural technologist and QS, preparing the application on behalf of the homeowner, and the work is done by builders to their spec.

Airtightness testing is included, before and after. But this is a pure BER-chasing exercise, so no consideration is given to aesthetics. Which means you're going to get uPVC windows not aluclad or whatever. I'm not sure how aesthetic upgrades are integrated/paid for.

Anyway, the way this worked is that I made an online application to Snip and then got a call. Since then (a couple of months ago) I've heard nothing, but I was advised that the process is not quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 5th wheel

The county councils say they have no funding for the grants, also on the SEIA website it states applications have to be for 5 units

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Has anyone got this? we are currently upgrading our home and adding two extensions to the property, A large reason fro the upgrade was insulation and heating. House was built in 1973 and is very cold.

I was on the SEIA website as someone mentioned a 50% grant for houses that upgrade their energy rating to A3. Now, on teh SEI website it says this:

"If you are a homeowner interested in the Deep Retrofit of your home, you should contact your local authority, local energy agency or community group to see if you can get involved through them. We are currently not accepting applications from individual homeowners. We need to learn through the pilot before developing a model to deliver high quality deep retrofit to individual homeowners."

So I rang the Roscommon Co. Council. They actually told me to go to the SEIA website as they weren't sure. I'm not sure who i should be contacting for this?

Any luck with this?

Lumen wrote: »
    I've had some contact with a crowd called _snip_ on this subject.

Confusingly, they don't just do work in Tipp (I am in Wicklow).

snip/

The way it was described to me (and I may have misremembered/misunderstood), the agency acts as some combination of architectural technologist and QS, preparing the application on behalf of the homeowner, and the work is done by builders to their spec.

Airtightness testing is included, before and after. But this is a pure BER-chasing exercise, so no consideration is given to aesthetics. Which means you're going to get uPVC windows not aluclad or whatever. I'm not sure how aesthetic upgrades are integrated/paid for.

Anyway, the way this worked is that I made an online application to -snip-and then got a call. Since then (a couple of months ago) I've heard nothing, but I was advised that the process is not quick.

Did you hear anything back from Tipp yet?

Jaymacc wrote: »
    Did you hear anything back from Tipp yet?

Nope.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Nope.

I am tempted to call them and see if they are taking new applicants as we need to get all done by July.

Jaymacc wrote: »
    I am tempted to call them and see if they are taking new applicants as we need to get all done by July.
    Please post with the outcome. Would be good to know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭headtheball14

-snip-were the first to do this, found them a bit flaky on follow up and last year they never got back in touch after discussion with them,
    Current list of retrofit providers is available on seai website here
    https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-energy-grants/deep-retrofit-grant/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Some posts edited/ deleted

As per forum charter Please refrain from discussing specific companies

Advertisement