Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

409 journey time in the mornings

Options
  • 02-04-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,698 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got on-the-ground info re how long the 409 is taking to get fro. Eyre Square to Parkmore in the mornings these days?

For a 9am interview, how early should I be heading out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Where exactly are you getting on? Also what date is the interview? Traffic volumes will be lower in the mornings this weeks as schools are still on easter break

Edit. Sorry just spotted that you are getting on at eyre square rather than parkmore.

Traffic into the parkmore industrial estate is very heavy in the mornings all the same. Given that an interview is at stake I would get the bus frollm Eyre Square at or around 8am so as to ensure you have plenty time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Anyone got on-the-ground info re how long the 409 is taking to get fro. Eyre Square to Parkmore in the mornings these days?

For a 9am interview, how early should I be heading out?

At that hour, take the scenic route and get the 403 as it avoids doughishka and is less likely to get stuck trying to get to the briar hill junction. Get the one that leaves an hour before you need to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Damiencm wrote: »
    Where exactly are you getting on? Also what date is the interview? Traffic volumes will be lower in the mornings this weeks as schools are still on easter break

Edit. Sorry just spotted that you are getting on at eyre square rather than parkmore.

Traffic into the parkmore industrial estate is very heavy in the mornings all the same. Given that an interview is at stake I would get the bus frollm Eyre Square at or around 8am so as to ensure you have plenty time

That bus takes 30-35 mins to go through full route at the weekend without any commuter traffic. Then walking time in parkmore and the need to be there 10 mins early and relaxed, if they get the bus at 8am they'll be panicking sitting in traffic at 9am. Better to be early. Get the bus at 7.15-7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 25,698 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

That bus takes 30-35 mins to go through full route at the weekend without any commuter traffic. Then walking time in parkmore and the need to be there 10 mins early and relaxed, if they get the bus at 8am they'll be panicking sitting in traffic at 9am. Better to be early. Get the bus at 7.15-7.30

As it happened I got the 8am and was walking in to TableTalk to wait by 8:30am.

Starting next week, and I've heard that traffic will be very different once schools are back. Looking at the 7:30am for a 9am start. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

Starting next week, and I've heard that traffic will be very different once schools are back. Looking at the 7:30am for a 9am start.

Not to mention getting out of there in the evening!! Anyway well done on getting the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭MattressRick

As it happened I got the 8am and was walking in to TableTalk to wait by 8:30am.

Starting next week, and I've heard that traffic will be very different once schools are back. Looking at the 7:30am for a 9am start. :(

Well done and good luck!

Advertisement