Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan salad cream.

Options
  • 02-04-2018 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I am wondering could you recommend a good vegan salad cream?. I used to enjoy the chef one the most before.

Thank you
    Molly

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tesco have one in their free from range, no idea how good it is but it's pretty cheap to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Thank you, I saw that one online and I think I will try it. I don’t mormslly shop I Tesco but I hope to pick it up this week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hope it's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I bought the Kelkin mayonnaise once, (in a squeezy bottle) and I though it tasted very like salad cream! I got it on the shelf in the health food section in Dunnes, not the fridge. It's a small bottle and dear enough, but it's another option if you're stuck.

For mayo, I use Follow Your Heart Vegenaise, and I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Thanks for that, got the Tesco one today, will be trying it tomorrow so will keep the kelvin mayo in mind if this one does not work out.

Thanks a mil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

The only one close to 'salad cream' I've bought for the last 30 years is Plamil mayonnaise (it's organic as well as vegan - in fact, Plamil is totally vegan company).

I could eat that stuff with a spoon. Try it on steamed new spuds, divine.

Advertisement