Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 player and GAA broadcasting rights?

Options
  • 01-04-2018 2:43pm

GAA Allianz league finals live on TG4 at the moment but not live on the player. The player is showing basketball. Is this a rights issue I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

GAA Allianz league finals live on TG4 at the moment but not live on the player. The player is showing basketball. Is this a rights issue I wonder?

I'd prefer to think it was technical. The games are up to playback now.

But nothing would surprise me as the marketing director got his way with the last President and we do have games that only subscribers can see.

GAAGo hardly have an exclusive on streaming in Ireland ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

GAAGo isn’t available in Ireland at all, so no.

OP you are based in ROI, aren’t you? And not running any type of VPN? And accessing your internet through an Irish ISP (not through any sort of corporate network).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

To come back to this, it seems that they are using youtube for live streaming. Whether this a deliberate solution or complimentary I do not know.

TG4 Youtube channel live and playback

icdg wrote: »
    GAAGo isn’t available in Ireland at all, so no.

OP you are based in ROI, aren’t you? And not running any type of VPN? And accessing your internet through an Irish ISP (not through any sort of corporate network).

Yep, in RoI. Was trying to access it off an iphone using the ios app. Its the second time I've encountered this (same thing happened a week ago).

Tried to access it off my wifi at home. With Eir, no VPN being used.

Fixed. Hadn't enabled the TG4 player app to access location on the iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

So, up to now, the TG4 Player streamed perfectly on my Kindle Fire, but since they updated, it won't play at all, and displays some DRM text on the screen - any advice?

Advertisement