Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Mid-May Stay with Mother, Gaiety Theater Dublin

Options
  • 01-04-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

I've left it a little late to book. but i'm looking for somewhere thats easy to get to from the gaiety theater. I'm bringing my mother to a show there for her 50th and promised a couple of drinks, dinner and a nice hotel stay after.

However whenever I've stayed in Dublin before the noise has been an issue so I'm trying to find somewhere that's easily gotten to from this location, serves breakfast, has a bar and is peaceful. the budget is around 150 - 200e. we will not be out too late after so i would say we could the luas to where we need to be.

I'm utterly clueless as to where would be nice outside the city center but close enough not to cost a fortune in transport/taxis to and from the gaiety.

thanks so much for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

What about the Ashling Hotel? Or the Radisson at Heuston? Both within easy reach of Gaiety and not too expensive. And quiet.

Actually the fitzwilliam has a good deal on. Or the conrad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

amtc wrote: »
    What about the Ashling Hotel? Or the Radisson at Heuston? Both within easy reach of Gaiety and not too expensive. And quiet.
    Where is the Raddison at Heuston station? There is one on Golden Lane near St Patrick's cathedral that might be suitable.

OP, there is Stephens Green hotel run by Ocallaghans on corner of Harcourt St and the Green which would be very close to Gaiety, shops and restaurants. Check their website for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Where is the Raddison at Heuston station? There is one on Golden Lane near St Patrick's cathedral that might be suitable.

OP, there is Stephens Green hotel run by Ocallaghans on corner of Harcourt St and the Green which would be very close to Gaiety, shops and restaurants. Check their website for prices.

The Stephens Green hotel is undergoing extensive renovations at the moment, so might not be very quiet.

I'd second the Fitzwilliam hotel.

Or for something a little different, but still quiet, Number 31 Leeson Close.

https://www.number31.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mamajo6590

amtc wrote: »
    Actually the fitzwilliam has a good deal on. Or the conrad too.

Checked bot but way outta my price range for that night. Conrad nearly 600e and fitzwilliam is almost 400e. Thanks for the suggestions tho

• Advertisement

Speedsie wrote: »
    The Stephens Green hotel is undergoing extensive renovations at the moment, so might not be very quiet.

I'd second the Fitzwilliam hotel.

Or for something a little different, but still quiet, Number 31 Leeson Close.

https://www.number31.ie

Thanks for the suggestions, both outta my price range tho. Checked their own site and booking.com and they're 370 & 570e for a thursday night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not a hotel but quiet and anything saved on price could get taxis.
    Aberdeen Lodge Dublin 4

Ive booked with house hotel. 180e including breakfast. Does anyone know it there would be any noise issues with this hotel? Also i believe its not too far from the gaiety.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They helped with finding this place

mamajo6590 wrote: »
    Ive booked with house hotel. 180e including breakfast. Does anyone know it there would be any noise issues with this hotel? Also i believe its not too far from the gaiety.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They helped with finding this place

It's not far from the Gaiety, 10 minute walk when the Green is closed, but I'm not sure how quiet it would be. I know it more as a late night venue with music & dancing.

Would you consider the Mespil or the Fitzwilliam Townhouse?
    https://www.mespilhotel.com

http://www.fitzwilliamtownhouse.com

Actually, I've heard great things about the Aberdeen Lodge, and a taxi would be about a tenner.

• Advertisement

Speedsie wrote: »
    It's not far from the Gaiety, 10 minute walk when the Green is closed, but I'm not sure how quiet it would be. I know it more as a late night venue with music & dancing.

Would you consider the Mespil or the Fitzwilliam Townhouse?
    https://www.mespilhotel.com

http://www.fitzwilliamtownhouse.com

Both are coming in a bit too pricey at about 300 for the night. I will keep looking, last thing i want is late night music

Roughly what are your dates? Hotel accommodation is expensive in Dublin, and you will pay a premium for quiet.

How about the Radisson on Golden Lane?

Mid May, sub €200, quiet (going to assume it's a weekend), with a bar, walkng distance to Gaiety? Not sure you'll get that.

Leeson Bridge guest house might have something, but I don't think it has a bar... But O'brien's is across the road.

So the night ive booked is a thursday night that the rolling stones are in dublin so all the hotels have hiked up the prices and anything even slightly affordable has been snatched up, just my luck!

Due to a recent plumbing emergency I had to stay in the Travelodge Phoenix Park....which was very reasonable...ok a fair bit out but near Castleknock for meals and drinks. Or the Castleknock Hotel is lovely with great restaurants (some of the best I have been in ) and a new spa. I know not city centre but only a taxi journey away and should be more reasonable.

Did you try the Fitzwilliam? They sometimes have deals

Advertisement