Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart electric heating which would work with Homekit

Options
  • 01-04-2018 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

I am about to replace all the electric heaters in a 3 bedrooms apartment (for now a combination of panel heaters and a storage heater, but I am open to changing that).

If it exists it would be nice to have a system which:
    - only heats up each individual room when needed (based on a timer or even better on detecting when people are present in the room and possibly self learning heating times)
    - would show a centralised control panel on a smartphone app and while not an absolute requirement Homekit support would be nice for future proofing as I am a long term Apple user and expect this will become more and more relevant
    - of course would offer good heating performance and run-in costs (compared to other electric heating systems, as electric is basically the only option in this particular property)

For now what has been recommended to me is Farho heaters which would partially deliver my requirements (App control and programable timer/thermostat for each heater, but no Homekit support and not presence detection).

Any good suggestion?

Advertisement