Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia mobile old style

Options
  • 31-03-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

giving a nokia mobile using Vodafone Network, I no longer need to a friend for a child, gave it to a friend who is a Nokia user for a loan and it worked fine , will it work for other networks or just Nokia?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Just Nokia of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Just Nokia of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Thanks for your comments and replies, (I have edited my original post) its Vodafone network, Nokia is the brand, does this mean it will work for Vodafone network only?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Thanks for your comments and replies, (I have edited my original post) its Vodafone network, Nokia is the brand, does this mean it will work for Vodafone network only?

Yes, if it's locked to the vodafone network, you can request an unlock code to use it on any network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,032 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

banoffe2 wrote:

It's common for phones to be locked to particular networks, generally if the phone was sold by that provider, is this the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭KaiserLu

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It's common for phones to be locked to particular networks, generally if the phone was sold by that provider, is this the case?

Yep.

However, if the phone is more than 18 months (?) in your ownership you can ring Vodafone and ask them for the unlocking code. They are legally obliged to give it to you afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

If prepay you need to spend 160 i think and if on bill you pay 6 bills and they will unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Check if the phone is unlocked by putting a non Vodafone SIM in it, if it works without asking for a code (not the SIM pin) then you don't need to do anything else.

If it doesn't work then see link below for details.

https://nac.vodafone.ie

For a payg unlock code, need 127 top up in previous 12 months.

For bill pay, need to be with Vodafone at least 12 months.

Unlock codes may also be available on eBay, depending on the model.

Advertisement