Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a UK sim-free phone work here without issues or quirks?

Options
  • 31-03-2018 10:11pm

Howdy folks,

About 2 years ago i got an S5 Neo. Not really a big phone person, but it came cheap on a bill pay plan.

Anyway, it does everything i want it too, and does it well. I broke the screen and replaced it with some Alcatel phone i bought cheap, but that phone won't support an app i use to fly a MiDrone.

So I fixed the S5 Neo screen, and all was well. Then I accidentally broke it again (beyond repair).

So I have the Alcatel phone to tide me over, but i want another S5 Neo as the last one was so good.

I can find it on eBay (uk) for a reasonable price, but im wondering is there anything I should be aware of? (I'm not really 'into' phones so not clued into any potential issues I may face).

Specifically thinking of buying this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Neo-SM-G903F-16GB-Black-Unlocked-Smartphone/219561867

Anyone able to advise? I'd like to get it sooner than later so keen to order but obviously not if it's gonna result in heartache from the word go. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

There is no practical difference between UK & Irish spec phones. Plus the ad claims the phone is unlocked meaning if correct, it would accept any Irish operator's SIM card.

ah perfect so. I just don't really know a whole lot about the world of phones so just wanted to make sure i wasnt walking into a problem or buying an expensive paperweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is no practical difference between UK & Irish spec phones. Plus the ad claims the phone is unlocked meaning if correct, it would accept any Irish operator's SIM card.

+1 my last four phones were purchased SIM-free from the UK.

Advertisement