Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing kitchen sockets/switches

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Johnnywaters

The isolating switches are regulation and can't be closed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭greasepalm

same link posted twice above,i have a twin 13 amp socket for kettle and a security light plugged in to work in a dark room without needing overheads on.
    there should be no problem in sourcing matching sockets depending on style and unsure if they now come with no led?
    i have used a few good wholesalers in sandyford/stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

As far as I know the cooker has to be on it's own circuit with no sockets. I'm happy to be corrected but I think the cooker /socket combo in the Screwfix link would be illegal here in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    As far as I know the cooker has to be on it's own circuit with no sockets. I'm happy to be corrected but I think the cooker /socket combo in the Screwfix link would be illegal here in Ireland

They are. It would have no rcd protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks guys. Thought it might be difficult to get around the codes.

Ignoring the socket element of the cooker switch.

You can get a more socket sized one. Is that legal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭greasepalm

best to keep everything up to spec.

https://www.eurosales.ie/

my cooker one looks like the same size as a double 13 amp socket but faces upwards and has a led fitted.

Advertisement