Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meydan - Super Saturday

Options
  • 31-03-2018 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

What a card of racing on offer at Meydan tomorrow, the worst race of the day paying bigger prize money than the very best race of Cheltenham (Gold Cup). I know Meydan leaves many cold, but I have backed two horses for the event.

If the QE2 was anything to go by, then Neorealism is surely the nap of the day for the 4:35. It did subsequently get beat on what looked like less firm ground for the Hong Kong Cup after breaking too soon and looking a little lost up front, but I would expect it to definitely put its best foot forward on what I expect to be very fast going. 11/2 looks a very good price to me, based on what it is up against.

For the big race, I swore I would never touch Thunder Snow again after that horrific attempt at the Kentucky Derby, but I simply can't be having the American favourite at 4/5 just because they think it's the next Arrogate. I am not sure Thunder Snow can win, but this is a race the home connections do want to win, and with the draw it has I can see it coming from towards the back and finishing well. This horse has been racing over the track all Winter, it should be fit as a flea and given that it has proven to be a quirky individual, I am hoping that all this experience should stand it in good stead. 20/1 e.w.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

I love Meydan follow it every Thursday when it’s on.

I’ll be backing Benbatl in the 4:35 at 9/2. Classy horse and with osian Murphy on board it’ll come close imo.

Rayya should be shorter than 11/1 in the 2:30. Has beaten Winter Lightning in February and then came 2nd to him which shows how good this horse is.

They’ll be my only two bets, cant wait for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Big Orange in the 1.50 is a big price at 6s right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Think jungle cat can beat blue point also

Is this not on at the races?!! For **** sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

akelly02 wrote: »
    Is this not on at the races?!! For **** sake

Its on both ATR on Racing UK as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I find it hard to see how Hit The Bid is a 50/1 shot and outsider of the field in the turf sprint. I made him about a 25/1 shot on my tissue. There are horses like Washington DC who are half the price of him. He is definitely as good as most of these bar maybe the top 3 or 4 with a bit of luck he may have a squeek.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Its on both ATR on Racing UK as far as I'm aware.

Heart attack diverted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looked through the card there. Mostly Group 3 horses at best, an awful card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

1:50 meyden

Natural Scenery looks like a nice bit of value here at 66/1 . She has scope for improvement and some of the others ahead of her in the betting might be on the downgrade .

1 pt ew 66/1 4 places paddy

2:30
    I think there is nothing between seahenge and Mendelssohn here and 16/1 is great value .

1 point win 16/1 generally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Hard to oppose Vazirabad in the next , same prep as last year though appleby has another goldofin one to try to lower his colors in rare rhythm having beaten him in the prep race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm taking Toreador in the next given that 14/1. Rayya in the 2.30 is a great price also imo, in with a much better shout than 9/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Since theres no general flat thread for today.

Keep an eye on the Thistle Bloodstock horses at Musselburgh's meeting being covered on ITV.

Satish Seemar has transferred a few horses for this meeting. They are in Ado McGuinness's name. Sharp Defence in the first!

So impressive from Vazirabad

Mijul Trail 3:55 cork seems to have taken a few quid in a horrid looking fillies maiden still some 66 and 40 if anyone wants to take a flyer at it ew for local trainer on debut, breeding gives some hope might have ability.

Mendleson what a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

WOW !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Thats something. No idea what that means but I'll be watching the Kentucky Derby now

Holy feck if he gets the lead in Kentucky it could be special . Like arazi just kept poring it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Very impressive from Mendelssohn. I wonder will Ryan Moore be in Churchill Downs or Newmarket that day.

• Advertisement

Behind time is Geraghty’s only ride at haydock 3:15

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Was Blue Point withdrawn before the start?

akelly02 wrote: »
    Think jungle cat can beat blue point also

Thanks very much

mohican22 wrote: »
    Was Blue Point withdrawn before the start?

Yes bleeding

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

War Decree backed into 25s from 40 for the next at Dubai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    I love Meydan follow it every Thursday when it’s on.

I’ll be backing Benbatl in the 4:35 at 9/2. Classy horse and with osian Murphy on board it’ll come close imo.

Rayya should be shorter than 11/1 in the 2:30. Has beaten Winter Lightning in February and then came 2nd to him which shows how good this horse is.

They’ll be my only two bets, cant wait for it

Easy as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

For the big race, I swore I would never touch Thunder Snow again after that horrific attempt at the Kentucky Derby, but I simply can't be having the American favourite at 4/5 just because they think it's the next Arrogate. I am not sure Thunder Snow can win, but this is a race the home connections do want to win, and with the draw it has I can see it coming from towards the back and finishing well. This horse has been racing over the track all Winter, it should be fit as a flea and given that it has proven to be a quirky individual, I am hoping that all this experience should stand it in good stead. 20/1 e.w.

Romped in. Did you land a nice touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Romped in. Did you land a nice touch?
    Nah, just a regular sized bet. Happy enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

What a card of racing on offer at Meydan tomorrow, the worst race of the day paying bigger prize money than the very best race of Cheltenham (Gold Cup). I know Meydan leaves many cold, but I have backed two horses for the event.

If the QE2 was anything to go by, then Neorealism is surely the nap of the day for the 4:35. It did subsequently get beat on what looked like less firm ground for the Hong Kong Cup after breaking too soon and looking a little lost up front, but I would expect it to definitely put its best foot forward on what I expect to be very fast going. 11/2 looks a very good price to me, based on what it is up against.

nice one francie 20/1 this morning

• Advertisement
Advertisement