Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cockle harvesting Galway, Spiddal and Gaeltacht

Options
  • 30-03-2018 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a project on cockles on Galway's coastline and was wondering if anyone knew any areas near Spiddal (tra na mban and ceibh) or in Clifden where i can harvest cockles

I've already harvested 180 from Grattan beach in salthill, ballyloughan beach, and silverstrand. I tried Furbo beach but that one was a complete failure as i didn't find a single one.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows if they can be found in Spiddal and Clifden as i don't have much time left to collect them for the project. the sites don't need good water quality, in fact i still need 2 bad quality sites and one more good one for an even 3 and 3.

thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement