Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan for land

Options
  • 30-03-2018 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Who offers the best rate for a loan to buy land. Have good credit rating. I see the credit union offer 5.5%. Would be looking for 150K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

brianb243 wrote: »
    Who offers the best rate for a loan to buy land. Have good credit rating. I see the credit union offer 5.5%. Would be looking for 150K.

Bank if Ireland between 4-5% depending on amount and security etc
    Not sure if credit union would loan that amount. It's usually twice the amount you have in your account and they hold what u have in your account. Usual loans are around 5 years with credit union. Usual land loans are 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Put your proposal together and go to different banks see what they offer. 3.5 to 6 probable range

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭realtec

Just wondering if anyone has got a land purchase loan recently.. whats the best rate? I am going through the process with various banks at the moment, but I was just wondering what rate is realistic (assuming I tick all the right boxes with the bank)?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

realtec wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has got a land purchase loan recently.. whats the best rate? I am going through the process with various banks at the moment, but I was just wondering what rate is realistic (assuming I tick all the right boxes with the bank)?

I got a loan for land in December/January time (150k mark) . Bank of Ireland at 3.66% . Land up as security

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭realtec

Sounds like a reasonable rate. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Anyone look at fixed rates lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭dmakc

Some low rates here I'm getting quoted near 6 (with collateral) if I go forward. Can you switch land loan providers like you could a mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

dmakc wrote: »
    Can you switch land loan providers like you could a mortgage?
    Not really as with commercial loans you must pay lender's as well as your own legal fees. Last time I checked it was 2-2.5k in legal fees for the bank alone

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Not really as with commercial loans you must pay lender's as well as your own legal fees. Last time I checked it was 2-2.5k in legal fees for the bank alone

Correct AIB said would be 2-3k legal fees....5.5% interest

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

In
    simx wrote: »

Correct AIB said would be 2-3k legal fees....5.5% interest
    So shop around and get it right first day

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnbkeane

I got a loan for land in December/January time (150k mark) . Bank of Ireland at 3.66% . Land up as security

Hi,

Just wondering how much did Bank Of Ireland require as a deposit with the land as security?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Who’s giving the best interest rates for buying land these days. I see 3.65% quoted above. Best BOI seem to be doing is 5.5% secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Go to all of em, def better than that going if secured. Like all things the one you're with all the time doesn't always give the best deal. Loyalty doesn't matter a fcuk to those lads, same as insurance etc

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

10 yrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Mooooo wrote: »
    Go to all of em, def better than that going if secured. Like all things the one you're with all the time doesn't always give the best deal. Loyalty doesn't matter a fcuk to those lads, same as insurance etc

Is there any one else other than aib and Ulster bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Is there any one else other than aib and Ulster bank?

BOI are doing it as well.

But you may start the process now and you might get passed around this time next year. A friend, BOI all his life, went with AIB because his own bank were so slow in finalising the loan.

Advertisement