Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer warranty repair locations in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-03-2018 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

does anyone know a shop in Dublin that does warranty repairs?

I have a significant hardware problem with my brand new Acer laptop that I purchased off Amazon and I have called couple of shops around Dublin and nobody does warranty repairs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Be best of contacting Acer direct to get a list off them otherwise you'll be chasing your tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Deal with Amazon. Half the point of buying there is the customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 REBOOT2710

I would like those suggestions to work for me but thats not the case.

When I bought it from Amazon it was .com, not .co.uk. When I was looking for this specific model, non of the sellers on .co.uk site made their products eligible for shipping to Ireland. Thus I had to go to .com region and get one from there. Laptop was sent from Reno, NV.

Happy Friday was a boomer since not many companies were open that day so I couldn't get anyone on the phone that day.
    I finally got in touch this morning (Tue 03.04.2018) and UK Acer tells me that they can fix it for me but the warranty will not cover it since the laptop is not made/bought in EU region. FML!!!

Only option Amazon is giving me is to return the laptop to them for a full refund including both shipping costs which is nice... but still, its a hassle. I just got the thing and now I have to send it back. Or maybe someone in Dublin is doing warranty repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

REBOOT2710 wrote: »

When I bought it from Amazon it was .com, not .co.uk. When I was looking for this specific model, non of the sellers on .co.uk site made their products eligible for shipping to Ireland. Thus I had to go to .com region and get one from there. Laptop was sent from Reno, NV.

Happy Friday was a boomer since not many companies were open that day so I couldn't get anyone on the phone that day.
    I finally got in touch this morning (Tue 03.04.2018) and UK Acer tells me that they can fix it for me but the warranty will not cover it since the laptop is not made/bought in EU region. FML!!!

Only option Amazon is giving me is to return the laptop to them for a full refund including both shipping costs which is nice... but still, its a hassle. I just got the thing and now I have to send it back. Or maybe someone in Dublin is doing warranty repairs?

If Acer UK won't cover the warranty, then unlikely anywhere in Europe will honor the warranty and once work is carried out by an unauthorised repair agent the US warranty is likely voided, send it back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

If Acer UK won't stand over the warranty on a US laptop then you are not going to get anyone else to fix it this side of the Atlantic without paying. I'd return to Amazon and buy something here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

<snipped for brevity>someone in Dublin is doing warranty repairs?

If it's available from Amazon.co.uk but the shipping to Ireland is missing use Parcel Motel or Parcel Pal etc. otherwise just ring the supplier direct, yet to find one that won't ship as long as you're prepared to pay.

Advertisement