Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inside shutters painted shut-how to open?

Options
  • 30-03-2018 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, i have inside window shutters in an old house, that have been painted shut-they are stuck to the surrounding deep set window frame, and i am not sure how to open them up without damaging them. Paintstrippers can only be applied to the flat surface, so how do i get ANY kind of whatever INSIDE the shutters to loosen/open them up? Any advice is GREATLY appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Score around the painted join with a sharp blade, and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Are you sure they are actually shutters and not Faux look ?

Pictures ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bluescat

Hi,thanks for taking the time !
    yes they are real shutters,house is 200+ years old. I tried loosening with small metal scraper, no luck; there is space between shutters and frame on the side [towards room], but they are stuck to inside of frame on wall. Sorry, cannot put up pictures, have no camera right now. Is there anything you can "squirt" in opening to get to back of shutter? apologies for my ignorance, but i am VERY new to DIY. Thanks!!!

Advertisement