Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work placement problems? Trainee teacher

Options
  • 30-03-2018 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think this is the 3rd post in the last 2 months about art teacher placement problems!! With similar issues.
    Have a look through the forum and see if you can find them for advice.
    I'm presuming you didn't contact the right person to say you wouldn't be in... but you did inform someone. Did you tell her that?
    If you've just a few weeks left then make the most of it and plan something for students (see last thread for ideas).

Did you have an inspection visit? How did that go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Despite having worked there for 7 months, it's standard procedure that student teachers on placement are not left alone with students.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AmbreSolaire

I think this is the 3rd post in the last 2 months about art teacher placement problems!! With similar issues.
    Have a look through the forum and see if you can find them for advice.
    I'm presuming you didn't contact the right person to say you wouldn't be in... but you did inform someone. Did you tell her that?
    If you've just a few weeks left then make the most of it and plan something for students (see last thread for ideas).

Did you have an inspection visit? How did that go?

Hi some of the other students on my course are also training to teach art and some of them are also having similar issues with getting materials and being allowed to teach the subject. When I started they handed me an old biscuit tin of crayons and wasted markers and a packet of A4 paper for the printer. She knew id informed other staff members that I work directly with, she wanted me to contact her aswell. I had an inspection and it went well but I had to gather a group of students and bribe them to do the class with me as it was a different set up to what id normally be doing with them. Since then one of the students has entirely left the class - she didnt enjoy the learning aspect of the class I did but my lecturer was really impressed. Only problem now is he wants my next inspection to be with a different group and I dont know how thats going to work.

Sorry but can I just ask if you wouldnt mind deleting the quote in your post, im going to delete what ive typed as im worried ill be identified. Thanks Evolving doors.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Despite having worked there for 7 months, it's standard procedure that student teachers on placement are not left alone with students.

Hi Cash my lecturer told me that at this stage I should be taking classes on my own. Im getting a bit overwhelmed with this as on one hand their telling me I need to become part of the staff, I need to be taking classes on my own and I should be teaching subjects that lead to exams and assessments but then my placement is keeping me on the outskirts of everything and wont give me any responsibility. I just had a really bad feeling when I went in this week like loads of the staff were annoyed with me.

Here's the similar issue post
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057847618/1

• Advertisement

Here's the similar issue post

Thank you x

Thank you x

Another one... same subject

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057831837/1

Advertisement