Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayers for strength

Options
  • 29-03-2018 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a prayer to give me strength. I'm finding it difficult to face the day, I'm also feeling very down in myself. As crazy as this sounds, I feel that it's due to a new job I started recently, but people have advised me to carry on with it, or atleast until I find a more suitable one. I usally turn to God in my times of need. But I feel that a prayer that I can say in the morning and evening for strength will be a great benefit.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Hello Job Seeker, sorry you're facing a tough time. But it's a good sign that you're turning to God in times of difficulty. That's what God wants us to do. I just found this prayer online, might be of some use:

Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands.
    I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that Your will be done in my life. Whatever that means, that is what I want.
    But I admit that it's hard, Lord.
    Sometimes I feel like I can't go on. The pain and the fear are too much for me, and I know that I don't have the strength on my own to get through this.
    I know that I can come to you, Jesus, and that you will hear my prayer. I know that it is not your intent to bring me to this point just to leave me in the wilderness alone.
    Please, Lord, give me the strength that I need to face today. I don't have to worry about tomorrow.
    If you just give me the strength that I need today that is all I need.
    Keep me from sinning during this trial. Instead, help me to keep my eyes on you. You are the Holy Lord, and all of my hope rests in you.
    Thank you for hearing my prayer.
    In Jesus' name. Amen.

God bless you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I always begin the day with a very simple...

Most sacred heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

Followed by..

Thy will be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Have you spoken to you GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Have you spoken to you GP?

Ah, no.. I have not... I am aware that this is purely job related. If I change job, problem solved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Just pray from the heart job seeker - there is no magic formula

As we get older, we generally get more resistant to change, and a new job can be particularly challenging. It took me the best part of a year to settle into my last job change.

It might help to look at what aspects of the job are troubling you and to offer them up to the Lord. Are you out of your depth in the role? Are you getting any training that was promised? Is it to do with the commute, or your work colleagues? When the alarm clock goes off in the morning, hand these issues over to God and trust in Him to deal with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement