Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden lighting

Options
  • 29-03-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Just wondering if theres anyone has any sound advice, pointers or tips for wiring some garden lights. My brothers getting his garden landscaped and was asking me about some up lighters in the flower beds. Off the top of my head i was going to run a 1.5mm 5 core ( for other future lights) SWA from the house and terminate them into ip65 junction boxs. Any recomendations for types of light or types of junctions boxs.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

evosteo wrote: »
    Hi folks. Just wondering if theres anyone has any sound advice, pointers or tips for wiring some garden lights. My brothers getting his garden landscaped and was asking me about some up lighters in the flower beds. Off the top of my head i was going to run a 1.5mm 5 core ( for other future lights) SWA from the house and terminate them into ip65 junction boxs. Any recomendations for types of light or types of junctions boxs.
    Cheers

You’ll get LED spots 9v on Aliexpress, search for Lemonbest (seller) about 6 dollar per light

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

vicwatson wrote: »
    You’ll get LED spots 9v on Aliexpress, search for Lemonbest (seller) about 6 dollar per light

Cheers. Good quality? Do ye reckon ye would get much longetivity out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

All light fittings not attached the house must be rcd protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

A contractor I know had a fail in a RECI inspection because the final connection between a plexo box and a garden spike fitting was 3 core flex which came with the fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

evosteo wrote: »
    Cheers. Good quality? Do ye reckon ye would get much longetivity out of them?

Yeh they are good, iirc they are either 50 or 100 thousand hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Sonta santy lights with the warm up sodium bulb in orange are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Dont loop the lights , run them all back to a central point , preferably with double pole isolation for each point . Not always possible and can cost a bit more on material but it can save an awful lot of heartbreak later when fault finding.

Advertisement