Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radsnaps - what colour?

Options
  • 29-03-2018 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi - opinion sought. Important bits in bold. rest is prob waffle. Thanks.

Have new radiators (new everything) throughout, with copper pipes coming up to the rad valve.
    Looking to get radsnaps (snaps around the exposed pipe to the valve to dicky it up a bit) and collars.

Should they match the floor? Or match the rad? We have white rads in most of the rooms as well as chrome towel rails in the bathroom.

I'm thinking i will get chrome radsnaps and collars for the bathrooms - even though floor tiles are black.

But where the white rads are, i have either a wooden floor or white tiles.
    Where the white tiles are i will get white radsnaps.

But wondering should I get white or brown radsnaps for the white rads on the wooden floor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

My experience with white radsnaps wasn't great, they seemed to perish and became brittle, the chrome might be better but haven't used them. I ended up painting the pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Ok - But assuming the material is good, in terms of design/colour matching - should they match the rad, or match the floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Personally, I'd match the rad, It'll never look like wood, but will look like part of the rad

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Sausage dog

I'd match the rads and also if your skirting boards are white they will blend in with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Cheers all - that's where I was leaning alright!

• Advertisement
Advertisement