Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Multi Dog Insurance recommendations -

• 29-03-2018 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone please recommend an insurance company that will give me a quote.

3 Collies. Vaccinated every year. All spayed. Household pets- live indoors. Never made a claim - Trips to vets have been for vaccinations and check ups only. Never allowed off lead nor allowed to roam. Secure garden. Someone at home all day every day. Always insured. You would think this would all count for something...........

1st is 9yrs, 2nd is 7yrs, 3rd is 5 yrs old.

Currently with the company that is not allowed to be mentioned on here (not sure why? :confused: ) .
    All other companies I have tried want all of my details and then tell me at the end of the quote they don't/won't insure a dog over the age of 4yrs :mad:

Just wanted to see if there are any other companies out there that I may have overlooked that don't appear on the first 3/4/5 pages of web searches? Anywhere up North/UK even? Insurance is for peace of mind more than anything else.

Really appreciate any suggestions.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Limbo123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone please recommend an insurance company that will give me a quote.

3 Collies. Vaccinated every year. All spayed. Household pets- live indoors. Never made a claim - Trips to vets have been for vaccinations and check ups only. Never allowed off lead nor allowed to roam. Secure garden. Someone at home all day every day. Always insured. You would think this would all count for something...........

1st is 9yrs, 2nd is 7yrs, 3rd is 5 yrs old.

Currently with the company that is not allowed to be mentioned on here (not sure why? :confused: ) .
    All other companies I have tried want all of my details and then tell me at the end of the quote they don't/won't insure a dog over the age of 4yrs :mad:

Just wanted to see if there are any other companies out there that I may have overlooked that don't appear on the first 3/4/5 pages of web searches? Anywhere up North/UK even? Insurance is for peace of mind more than anything else.

Really appreciate any suggestions.....

Lots of place wont insure dogs over 7 Im afraid.

Im with Allianz and find them great to be honest - my guy is 13 in April with aging issues so lots of claims and never had an issue.

what about moving your two younger dogs and and keeping the two older on the same plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

cocker5 wrote: »
    Lots of place wont insure dogs over 7 Im afraid.

Im with Allianz and find them great to be honest - my guy is 13 in April with aging issues so lots of claims and never had an issue.

what about moving your two younger dogs and and keeping the two older on the same plan?

Thanks for the idea. Never actually thought about doing that as thought I would have a bigger discount with more dogs on the one policy.

Allianz wants €579 for the two that are under 8 years old

Postinsurance wants €526

I suppose I am not really in a position to grumble as I managed to get the renewal for all three down to €600 with the existing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

To be honest you won't get any cheaper than 600 so I would take that offer and run with it!!
    The one dog I have insured is about 500 for the year so getting 3 for 600 is a bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is there a reason you want to move companies? You do realise if you move, that your dogs won't be covered for anything they have already been treated for, with the new company, as it's a pre existing condition? No matter how small it is. I wouldn't be going anywhere after getting that quote to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

andreac wrote: »
    To be honest you won't get any cheaper than 600 so I would take that offer and run with it!!
    The one dog I have insured is about 500 for the year so getting 3 for 600 is a bargain!!

agreed my cocker costs me close to €500 PY with Allianz

andreac wrote: »
    Is there a reason you want to move companies? You do realise if you move, that your dogs won't be covered for anything they have already been treated for, with the new company, as it's a pre existing condition? No matter how small it is. I wouldn't be going anywhere after getting that quote to be honest.

I just wanted to know if there was any point in shopping around to be honest. Every year when the renewal comes up, I wonder if it is dead money that I am throwing around considering I have never had to make a claim (touch wood). As such, it would be nice to be rewarded for that fact that there has never been a need to claim.

After doing a couple of quotes for the younger two based on another posters suggestion, and after reading what you and others are paying for ONE dog to be covered, I am considering myself bloody lucky to have the renewal that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is that company you're with not pulling out if the Irish market? I'm sure I saw something on FB recently about it! Gone are the days when we were rewarded for not making claims - our policies seem to go up across the board whether it's a dog or car etc ! :(.
    I'm with Allianz and have never had a huge increase even with huge claims over the years until this year - it went up 200 this year but went down 100 last year which was obviously a mistake and cancelled out!! Previous years with big claims it was a few euro so I'm willing to take the hit. I wouldn't be without it. One ortho issue at a referral hospital that makes you pay upfront and you'll be glad of it! If I look back it's gone up maybe 200 over the course of 8 years and 12k in claims! (:eek:) so worth it for me.

Advertisement