Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can spark ever come back?

Options
  • 29-03-2018 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Do you think the spark can ever come back in a relationship once it has gone? Is there a way to move on from hurtful things said from both parties that unfortunately can not be unsaid or unheard? Is there a way to move on from the same arguments resurfacing over and over again? Is there anyway to get the spark back or is it just gone and something that needs to be accepted?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭LoMismo

It’s never like it is at the start. And no, generally speaking you don’t get anything resembling a spark back if it’s completley gone. Sounds like you two will have a lot of festering resentment too from the little I’ve read so doesn’t look good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes, people go through ups, downs and changes in life, relationships can be affected by issues internal and external to them. Most hurtful things said are said in hurt. You need to look at why the same arguments resurface, is there genuine remorse for wrongdoings, are apologies made and received, have things causing upset changed? If not it would be easy to lose attraction to the person by allowing things to fester and be unresolved. Are you considering the honeymoon period as the spark, very naive if so as real relationships take work, come with ups and downs and don’t compare to the initial getting to know each other. On the other hand if you’re/they’re not feeling it anymore don’t flog a dead horse and make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The spark sometimes needs to be deliberately relit. Change things up. Also ask yourself what can you do to try and get things moving again.

How long are you guys together?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Are same arguments being had or are same/similar things causing arguments to reoccur? Sounds like one or both of you are lacking in area of conflict resolution skills. Or a personality clash in that you don’t get each other in which case similar arguments will be bound to reoccur. Does one or other accept their wrong doing, apologise properly & genuinely and accept their role and responsibility? What efforts are being made to repair damage or is damage repair limited to just attempting to go back to normal post argument, attempting to forget things done and said that can’t be forgotten. I’d lose interest if someone continued to argue with me on same matters repeatedly tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement