Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poitin - the movie - anyone seen it?

Options
  • 28-03-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Came across a movie call Poitin - made in 1978 - Ireland - directed my Bob Quinn - Stars Cyril Cusack, Donal McCann et al..

And if so, thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Brilliant film. Fantastic acting esp by Donal McCann.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭sporina

Brilliant film. Fantastic acting esp by Donal McCann.

is it v violent? i am not too keen on violent movies - well at least not to watch with a headache anyway

sporina wrote:
    is it v violent? i am not too keen on violent movies - well at least not to watch with a headache anyway

I don't recall any violence in it, saw it in college and quite liked it. Shame that it's one of those Irish films that seems to have been forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

It concerns the relationship between a poitin maker, his daughter, and the two distributors, one clever and one not so clever, who sell his produce around the locality.

The nub of the story is that the poitin maker protects his interests and his money from the threats of the two distributors in a round about way, Spoiler if I told you how.

Good enough film with Cyril Cusack, Niall Toibin etc...

Advertisement