Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning home from teaching English abroad - job oppurtunies

Options
  • 28-03-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone returned from teaching English abroad via TEFL, easy to find work once back in Ireland? And if so, what type of work is out there for EFL teachers? I had briefly looked online and can only really find part time and sometimes even temp positions available?

Am I looking at the wrong places? I want to plan for my future as I don't want to come back home after X amount of years and find out I am unable to find work with what I have (TEFL course + experience)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Shoebox1926

You cant work in Ireland with an online TEFL qualification, you have to hold an ACELS approved CELT or CELTA. Ive heard of people getting jobs by calling up English Language schools and asking for an interview. You could also get a job in an ETB, nows the time to start applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭x00065954

You cant work in Ireland with an online TEFL qualification, you have to hold an ACELS approved CELT or CELTA. Ive heard of people getting jobs by calling up English Language schools and asking for an interview. You could also get a job in an ETB, nows the time to start applying.

Thanks for thee tip/advice as I was starting to worry of for my opportunity here in Ireland in regards to what I have. Thank you so much.

Advertisement