Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet Murphy on Camden Street

Options
  • 28-03-2018 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats happening to Planet Murphy on Camden Street has it closed down ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,294 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hotel is being extensively refit and i suspect the bar will be limited to the new one in what used to be Fritehaus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

I miss Fritehaus.
    And Worscht.
    God, a great hot dog is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

L1011 wrote: »
    Hotel is being extensively refit and i suspect the bar will be limited to the new one in what used to be Fritehaus

Do you know if they're to keep the snooker room if and when they reopen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The whole of the place was getting a refit - would imagine the bar & club will be open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,294 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I can't find the plans easily but nightclubs and pool halls in hotels are not really the done thing anymore. Would be surprised it they reopen but it is possible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Summer In the City

It's reopening as a massive American style sports bar. They've opened a pub beside it called Jimmy Rabbites that shares a beer garden and there is a picture of the plan there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,631 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's reopening as a massive American style sports bar. They've opened a pub beside it called Jimmy Rabbites that shares a beer garden and there is a picture of the plan there.

Im guessing the inspiration for that comes from the Commitments being filmed there

Advertisement