Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s

Options
  • 28-03-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a Mi Mix 2s, look like it is going for sale in china around 3/5th April - How long usually does it take for phones to start showing up on aliexpress ect.. after the release date?

Cant decide whether to get a redmi 5 plus (cheap phone that does the job and dont have to really mind too much) , or the mix 2s !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

Expensive tastes for a phone, without a reliable warranty?

It is already up for pre-orders (/place holder listings) with Mi Global Store (VAT free shipping)

You could also wait for the release Global Redmi Note 5(/pro)[WHYRED]

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

I would guess a month for the shops in Europe to get stock. Haven't seen anything on the battery, depending on that might be on the list for next phone.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I think you need to buy the most expensive one which is upwards of €700 to ensure full band coverage.

I think you need to buy the most expensive one which is upwards of €700 to ensure full band coverage.

No, on their presentation they said, the phone is too good to be restricted by bands. So band 20 is included, like the other EU/US bands you would need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Harika wrote: »
    No, on their presentation they said, the phone is too good to be restricted by bands. So band 20 is included, like the other EU/US bands you would need.

I read it here

"UK users are advised to opt for the top-end model, given that it supports 43 connectivity bands, including all three 4G LTE frequencies used by UK network operators. Those on O2 and networks that borrow its network, such as Sky, GiffGaff and Tesco, will not be able to receive 4G LTE on the cheaper models because they do not support the 800MHz band."

800MHz band is very important for Ireland too for a number of carriers. They could be wrong about the bands supported by the cheaper models in that article though?

I read it here

800MHz band is very important for Ireland too for a number of carriers. They could be wrong about the bands supported by the cheaper models in that article though?

I think they where referring to the Huawei P20 as the only the most expensive version of that has support for more bands.
    Edit: - The article writers probably got the 2 Mixed up!

Edit 2: - Unsure of the above, but remember watching a video, where they mentioned a certain phone needing to purchase the higher spec for bands support. Can not find it now.

For the Mix 2S all bands are supported across it's range.

Unbox Therapy | Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s | The Almost All-Screen Smartphone...

Note: I am aware some people don't like his channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Looking at goldway on Aliexpress for the mix 2s, what is the difference between the 'Official global rom with OTA updates' and the normal one .Really like Xiaomi, daughter has a redmi note 4 and has it loaded with apps and games and general rubbish but the phone is still lightning quick and has no issues, the build quality is a cut above as well. (currently none of the mix 2s have this global rom ota update thing though, just the older mix 2) , all the necessary bands seem to be on the phone anyway,
    https://goldway.aliexpress.com/store/group/Mi-MIX-Mi-MIX-2/311331_512324788.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.38a77b993fKlmA

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Amazon.fr are now selling this here

€499, listed as out of stock but it only just appeared as amazon.fr as the seller so hopefully they should be in soon. Thinking of going for this over the oneplus 6, it looks much nicer to me with basically the same specs and a good camera according to dxomark

• Advertisement

Ended up getting the mix 2 from goldway on aliexpress, great phone for the money -cost about €320, couldn't justify the price difference between this and the 2s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Ended up ordering the Mi Mix 2 also, €370 on amazon.es (€315 minus vat including postage as I'm self employed), the 2s improvements are not worth the extra €130. Thanks

derekbro wrote: »
    Ended up ordering the Mi Mix 2 also, €370 on amazon.es (€315 minus vat including postage as I'm self employed), the 2s improvements are not worth the extra €130. Thanks

You won't regret it, I've had mine for a week or two now and it's a great little phone, read the poor reviews about the camera but tbh it's still far better than my lg G3 camera and I am impressed with it. first thing u will notice though is how slippy the phone is !, there is a case in the box though but I haven't put it on yet.... No point hiding that lovely ceramic back just yet.. ( although if I drop it in sure it will be in bits !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

You guys still liking the Mix2? Thinking I might get it from here:

https://tinyurl.com/ybsjcv4a

Seem the best value phone out there right now?????

I had a look at the S and agree it doesn't seem worth the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Surely price will drop again when the 3 is out soon?

rizzee wrote: »
    Surely price will drop again when the 3 is out soon?

If you can wait till October earliest?

Rob2D wrote: »
    You guys still liking the Mix2? Thinking I might get it from here:

https://tinyurl.com/ybsjcv4a

Seem the best value phone out there right now?????

I had a look at the S and agree it doesn't seem worth the extra money.
    have it a while now, great phone, runs everything and very quick, if it broke in the morning id get the same again, great bang fo the buck!, only downside is it's a bit slippy in the hand, but it comes with a case. i got mine from goldway - fast delivery and you wont have to pay any tax's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ah, didn't realise it was still a few months to go :)

Need something kinda right now :pac:

Rob2D wrote: »
    Need something kinda right now :pac:

Then buy it from e. G. Honor buy with two day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Hi folks, dropped by S5 last week and screen cracked so looking at new phone. Was looking at the P20 lite and then came across the Mi Mix 2. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the mi mix 2.

Are out guys still happy with it ? I'm assuming I'll see an improvement on the s5 .!!

Thanks

I've had my Mi Mix 2 for about a couple weeks now and I'm really loving it. Top phone.

Bought from eglobal, took a week for them to get it ready/in stock and then 1 week delivered from Hong Kong by DPD. No customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

By any chance can anyone confirm if the mix 2 / 2s supports MHL? was gonna buy a headunit for my car which has mirroring,but it seems your phone needs to support this for it to work...

Any help appreciated

Advertisement