Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to book Horse riding lesson

Options
  • 28-03-2018 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I'm looking to start up an equestrain centre and for the horse aspect I feel there is nothing I don't know as myfamily have been in the horse business for generations. What Im not sure is of how to get people to come to the centre.
    I was thinking of a booking online system but I'm not sure would people use that. I know a lot of business can be word of mouth and I would have a positive reputation with horses but not necessarily for a new business. I was thinking maybe flyers but would a person try a place out by trusting a flyer. And then there is online....
    My target market would be children (again I have to be aware I can't advertise to
    children). Not sure what way could be the most successful route. Any feedback or opinions are welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sammy2018 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking to start up an equestrain centre and for the horse aspect I feel there is nothing I don't know as myfamily have been in the horse business for generations. What Im not sure is of how to get people to come to the centre.
    I was thinking of a booking online system but I'm not sure would people use that. I know a lot of business can be word of mouth and I would have a positive reputation with horses but not necessarily for a new business. I was thinking maybe flyers but would a person try a place out by trusting a flyer. And then there is online....
    My target market would be children (again I have to be aware I can't advertise to
    children). Not sure what way could be the most successful route. Any feedback or opinions are welcome!
    I do not know what the story would be with insurance, but if it would be possible to get special needs kids in your yard, then go for it. I have an autistic grand nephew, and I take him every week to a friends yard where he gets to spend time helping groom the horse, saddling it, before then getting to trot around the yard on it before settling it down and feeding it. My grand nephew has gone from a very insular boy that had never spoken to me before to someone who is constantly talking to me, asking how the pony is, when is he going to go next, etc. Maybe you could do an open day, or a free day or something to get people through the door?

Advertisement