Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shalom World TV - Has anyone heard of it?

Options
  • 28-03-2018 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭

I was at Sunday mass a few weeks ago in my local parish church in Dublin. My parish priest mentioned this channel to the congregation when the mass was finished. He said at the time that this channel which was called Shalom World TV is broadcast online from it's own website and via apps on Smart TV's. Here is the information that I have found this new channel.

This is a commercial free, high definition Catholic Family channel which reaches a potential audience of 375 million people worldwide.

http://www.shalomworldtv.org/about/

I heard more news about this channel while at a parish renewal retreat at the same local parish church last Wednesday evening. I found a leaflet which was a market research leaflet for Irish & British Catholics which included names of TV providers based here in Ireland & the UK to try & get more TV viewers for their channel.

Off the top of my head; this leaflet included the following options for possible TV carriage here in Ireland & the UK.

Sky
    Virgin Media
    Saorview
    Eir TV
    Vodafone TV
    EE TV (UK)
    BT Vision (UK)
    Youview (UK)
    Other

I would like ask people here. Have you got your hand on this leaflet yet to take part in the market research?

If so did you tick any options for your TV provider to maybe get the channel in future?

You have to post it out to a specific address to take your decision be accounted for.

What do you think of this channel yourself? I think it will be a nice addition to EWTN if that is staying on in the future.

Advertisement