Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo Chorus 10 Speed right shifter problem

Options
  • 27-03-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I recently rebuilt a set of Campagnolo Chorus 10 speed shifters.

I just put them onto my Cannondale with external cable routing and the shifter refuses to shift into the lowest gear.

Any time previously I have used these type of shifters I have had nothing but success however on this occasion it just won't engage 100%.

I installed the cables and the shifter works 100% from the lowest to the second from the top. The shifter just doesn't click the final ratchet detent and falls into the second from the top cog.

I then removed the clamp bolt from the rear mech and physically pulled on the cable manually to isolate the shifter.

The shifter pulls nicely from lowest to second from top but again no engagement. If I pull on the cable hard enough and after 2 long throws of the shift lever it will finally engage.

I purchased the shifter second hand and was used for this project. I do not know if they worked previously.

I replaced the g-springs, spring holder and washer and that is normally good for 20,000 kms (These shifters have a reputation of unsurpassed reliability)

Anyone have any ideas because I disassembled the shifter again last night and thoroughly inspected each individual component for defects without any luck. I particularly inspected the index gear cable holder but again it looks in spotless condition.

Just to note that all these components look like brand new as they were initially degreased thoroughly and placed in an ultra-sonic cleaning bath. Dirt is not a problem.

I am out of options on this one unless anyone else has any ideas?

Advertisement