Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice control Philips Hue

Options
  • 27-03-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi
    Looking for some help. What are the options for voice control on Philips hue. I have started replacing my bulbs with the hue . Finding the app isn't sufficient as I forget my phone going upstairs and then cant turn on the light 🀔

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You can voice control Hue with either Google Home or Amazon Echo.

I'd recommend Google Home, I think it is better. Google Home Mini are currently on sale for £35 from the Google Store in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

https://store.google.com/gb/product/google_home_mini - +1 to the above, especially hard to turn down at £35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Ropo wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking for some help. What are the options for voice control on Philips hue. I have started replacing my bulbs with the hue . Finding the app isn't sufficient as I forget my phone going upstairs and then cant turn on the light 🀔

I recently changed every bulb in my place to hue except bathroom.

For voice control I use Amazon and Siri. I am buying more Alexa devices for each bedroom as currently only have a dot in living area.

I also invested in 3 remotes and one tap device so if not near the voice devices I can still turn on lights, awaiting delivery of motion detector to use in hall.

Advertisement