Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen MK6 1.6tdi engine problems?

Options
  • 27-03-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Heard a few people needed new injectors put in vw's 1.6tdi engine. Does anyone know how common this problem actually is and if the engine has any other problems? Want to know to stay away from engine or not as i am considering a mk6 jetta 2012 with 40,000 miles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Mechanic told me egr valve failure is common and is a pricey enough part driving wise quite a nice engine

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

2011 tdi golf blew an injector 2 weeks ago, expensive to fix and im dreading same happening again. Check honestjohn.co.uk its common enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah they are prone to injectors and EGR's, other than that they are pretty sound though and if it's had the emissions fix, VW may replace them under goodwill if they fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Parents had an 11 octavia 1.6tdi from new till last year never gave an issue only ever needed service / tyres there was about 130k km on it when they sold it. They also have a golf mk7 142 from demo 1.6tdi this has given no issues either and has about 80 k km on it at this stage. As mentioned I have heard of the EGR issues but have never heard of anyone having to change injectors in one. Overall they are decent enough reliability wise as modern diesels go.

Advertisement