Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial

Options
  • 27-03-2018 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hey lads , getting married this year and want to get myself ready for the big day. Any recommendations on where to get a couple of facials done preferably city center where I won’t feel immediately out of place when I walk in the door

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Danye

Hey lads , getting married this year and want to get myself ready for the big day. Any recommendations on where to get a couple of facials done preferably city center where I won’t feel immediately out of place when I walk in the door

Try the Grooming Rooms on South William Street. Male only salon so you’ll be fine. They offer all sorts of treatments and packages.

Best of luck with the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

is this a thing now ???????? jaysus ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Where have all the real men gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Ah lads leave out the real man stuff etc.

For some people it's their thing for others it's not. If we roll back the years men wouldn't have spent time on clothes or hair or whatever. Each to their own.

Me personally been for one before not a massive fan. A back massage to take out the knots and crooks in my back is preferable.

Also be careful your skin doesn't react to stuff etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Depends if the girl is into it, really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

NIMAN wrote: »

At home, not talking about their mental health and hitting the wife a few clatters :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The George?

El Tarangu wrote: »
    At home, not talking about their mental health and hitting the wife a few clatters :rolleyes:
    That's the only alternative to peacocking obviously.

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Ah lads leave out the real man stuff etc.

For some people it's their thing for others it's not. If we roll back the years men wouldn't have spent time on clothes or hair or whatever. Each to their own.

Me personally been for one before not a massive fan. A back massage to take out the knots and crooks in my back is preferable.

Also be careful your skin doesn't react to stuff etc

and don't forget the eyebrows !
    I hope the wax doesn't cause a reaction , but shur if your are getting the Brazilian you will know if it does or not !
    So many things to worry about for the modern man ....... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The real men are getting on with life and not worrying about anti-man sentiment like the comment above. If a man wants a facial, he is free to get a facial and not care about what others think. 

OP, try ringing around a few places and see what they say. If they dont do it they will probably know where does it. Women's places might be more experienced at that kind of treatment but men's places might know more about treating men. There must be a fancy barbers around that does men's treatments. They would be a good place to try first.

• Advertisement

The real men are getting on with life and not worrying about anti-man sentiment like the comment above. If a man wants a facial, he is free to get a facial and not care about what others think. 

OP, try ringing around a few places and see what they say. If they dont do it they will probably know where does it. Women's places might be more experienced at that kind of treatment but men's places might know more about treating men. There must be a fancy barbers around that does men's treatments. They would be a good place to try first.

Thanks Dude for putting us all right for being soooo sarcastic about a man wanting his face and eyebrows done before his wedding!!
    And maybe the lips too ...... May as well shur. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

greenspurs wrote: »
    Thanks Dude for putting us all right for being soooo sarcastic about a man wanting his face and eyebrows done before his wedding!!

Are you bored or what? Ffs, I'm sure you rubbed your face in some motor oil on your big day just to show how manly you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The 19C, cutting down forests to build their houses, killing bears and hunting, shooting and fishing and farming.

We’re all wimps.

Are you bored or what? Ffs, I'm sure you rubbed your face in some motor oil on your big day just to show how manly you are.

No I didn't.
    Oil of Olay ...... Its not for girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

greenspurs wrote: »

I know a wimp who won’t use a proper throat cut razor. Then he adds some class of cream to his face to “soften his beard”. Beard? Child’s stubble. I’ve also seen him add perfume on his face afterwards. He feels manly because that lotion stings.

Needless to say I won’t be inviting him bear fighting any time soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

When I first saw the thread title I'll admit I thought.... Dirty mind that I have. :D
    The 19C, cutting down forests to build their houses, killing bears and hunting, shooting and fishing and farming.

We’re all wimps.
    Joke is that in the old days going right back to the egg, in many societies it was the men who were the ones just as much and often more into their personal grooming routines. The "rugged caveman" notion is mostly a 20th century concept. The bigger joke being that actual "cavemen" are more likely to be the ones piling on the makeup and skin conditioning. Among surviving hunter gatherer folks today, it's nearly always the men going mad for the makeup, skincare, tattoos, body mods and ornate hairdos. And these are "men's men" minus the macho posturing(mostly). Interestingly they're also quick to show emotion. Stiff upper lips in the face of emotional insult and tragedy would be considered alien to most such cultures.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Jaysus , not a real man for wanting to look good on the big day ... strange place !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I go to Stephen Thomas for waxing but never had a facial. He’s hard to get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have a look in the future wifes/sister/mother's make up bag for anything with Let Mer on it, don't let her find our your using as it costs a fortune but it's great for your skin.
    I'd be careful of a facial they don't always go to plan, if your skin's not bad just go borrow the Le Mer.

Advertisement