Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carpentry pricing for doors arcitrave skirting

Options
  • 26-03-2018 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi all,
    I hope this is in the right section i'm new to this site so apologies if i have this in the wrong place! I'm looking for information on how much a carpenter charges to assemble and fit new frame and hinge,hang and lock a solid wood door. Also how much per set of architrave and per metre of skirting?just looking for information on a standard going rate as there seems to be a lot of variation in quotes! Thanks for your time any input would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

hi all,
    I hope this is in the right section i'm new to this site so apologies if i have this in the wrong place! I'm looking for information on how much a carpenter charges to assemble and fit new frame and hinge,hang and lock a solid wood door. Also how much per set of architrave and per metre of skirting?just looking for information on a standard going rate as there seems to be a lot of variation in quotes! Thanks for your time any input would be much appreciated.

New build site or a functioning home?
    What type of fames ?pre finished or raw hard wood or soft wood? Same for architrave and skirting.
    What's type of walls block or timber studs ? Are they plumb?
    Floors concrete or existing finished ?
    Doors pre finished or raw ?
    What weight are the doors
    What type of handle and lock ?
    Saddle boards ?

Hence loads of variables in pricing...loads of variables to account for.
    Not been a smart arze but some jobs you'd stick up 6-8 doors in a day others it could take the day to do one depending on the above

Advertisement