Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shares to buy today

Options
  • 26-03-2018 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi people of Boards.ie,

Basically i'm on a year out from college and have accumulated 5000euro which I intend to invest in shares. I will be returning to College in September and basically I'm looking to invest this 5000 in a fast growing share (ideally), possibly needing to dip into this fund as the college year progresses.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated, thanks! btw I have an account with DeGiro where I have invested previously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭littlevillage

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LunAtlFringe

If you are relying on the money in the short to medium term (next one year) then you shouldn't put it in shares. Also the short of shares that can bring you high returns tend to carry a high risk.

If you are set on gambling with it but need only some of the money later in the year maybe just put what you know you won't need into the market.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Throw it into prize bonds until you need it.

Advertisement