Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame import

Options
  • 26-03-2018 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has imported a carbon
    bike frame from China recently, if so what % of duty were you charged ?

Also, how did you find the quality?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Got a set of Chinese carbon wheels and the quality of the hubs (novatech) were excellent but the rims were desperate with cracking on the rear after one ride

I got them brand new off adverts.ie so no duty information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Borderfox wrote: »
    Got a set of Chinese carbon wheels and the quality of the hubs (novatech) were excellent but the rims were desperate with cracking on the rear after one ride

I got them brand new off adverts.ie so no duty information
    Have been looking at chinese carbon wheels too, some youtube reviews are great but I'd wonder are they shilling as they might be over positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Imported a carbon frame from China about 4 years ago (still in use today) -- didn't get hit with any import charges (i was lucky) -- but think it might be harder to import these days due to more eyes on stuff coming in from China ...

Advertisement