Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey: LGBTQ+ Library Users in Dublin

Options
  • 25-03-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark and I'm undertaking research into LGBTQ+ library users in Dublin's experience of libraries for my dissertation. If you're LGBTQ+ and use/have used public libraries in Dublin, I'd love if you could fill out this short survey.

More info at the link, thanks!

http://bit.ly/LGBTQLibrarySurvey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think you should say what the purpose of the survey is otherwise why would anyone bother doing it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Mod approval has been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think you should say what the purpose of the survey is otherwise why would anyone bother doing it for you.

Hiya, sorry I thought I had included enough info in the post. There's a lot more at the front of the survey, which I figured would be the best place for anyone who would be interested. I've copied it here. Thanks:

"My name is Mark Ward and I'm a Master's student from Aberystwyth University who is undertaking research for my dissertation.
    This survey seeks to investigate access and provision for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer and other non-heterosexual identifying (LGBTQ+) people across Dublin's libraries (which includes South Dublin Libraries, Dublin City Libraries, Dun Laoghire-Rathdown Libraries and Fingal Libraries). To do this, I will be asking questions of:

- LGBTQ+ Library Users
    - Library Staff (and LGBTQ+ Library Staff)

As such, this research is limited to those who currently use or work in libraries in Dublin, Ireland. This survey should take between 5 - 10 minutes to complete.

All responses will be strictly anonymous, as will any data or quotes used in the research, and the survey is totally voluntary. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of the research at any stage of your involvement, I can be contacted at maw92@aber.ac.uk. The research, and its ethics, have been approved by Aberystwyth University. This thesis is supervised by Dr. Anoush Simon who can also be contacted at ads@aber.ac.uk

Data collected will be used only for my dissertation, shall be stored securely, and will be destroyed post-evaluation of the dissertation.

The survey will run from Monday 12th March until Sunday 1st April. Please complete the survey responses before 1st April.

Many thanks for taking the time to do this survey. Your help will be invaluable."

Advertisement