Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland Garda vetting

Options
  • 25-03-2018 11:03am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how to go about this. I need a proof of identification form. Local Garda have said CI should provide a form for them to stamp but I cannot find one on the cycling Ireland site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I hope you don't need it quickly the process can take a while. As far as I know any club have their own specific application forms or at least stamped by the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

It's up to every umbrella organisation to decide how they validate identity and proof of address but I have never heard of any organisation letting the Guards/principals/members of the clergy do it. Usually someone in the local club will copy the proof of id and address supplied.

Turn around at the moment from the National vetting bureau is actually fairly quick, once it's inputted quickly by the umbrella organisation and then you complete the link to the online application form quickly too. We get ours back in around 3-5 working days after they are submitted to the National Vetting Bureau.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭wav1

CramCycle wrote: »
    Anyone know how to go about this. I need a proof of identification form. Local Garda have said CI should provide a form for them to stamp but I cannot find one on the cycling Ireland site.
    safeguarding@cyclingireland.ie
    Bridgid is the contact

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cheers Wav, had talked to Brigid but the vetting bit was unclear. Everting requires an invitation number but the gardai say your employer applies for that. Finally found a site that says you get a form from your organisation for the identification, which then gets you your number. I think.

Hopefully have it all sorted now, it was less complicated years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

What should happen is your employer/ people you are volunteering with give you a form that you fill in some details on, name, DOB, address, eircode, email address and they then enter this onto the Vetting system and a link is generated and sent to the email address you provide. You can log into this using your DOB and it's here you enter any past addresses and criminal convictions (if you have any).

The form is normally completed alongside the proof of identity and address, from looking what cycling Ireland have on their site it looks like they have combined the forms so you just complete the identification form and this acts as the eVetting invitation form too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Small tip, if it's likely that you might have to be vetted for more than one role.

Make a copy of the list of addresses you'll have to fill in online as part of the application. That way, you won't have to repeatedly wrack your brains to remember them all (as I did on the first few applications), and you'll have consistency across all your submissions.

Advertisement