Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi in UK

Options
  • 25-03-2018 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I assume the will be Wi-Fi in most restaurants, pubs, and public transport correct me if I'm wrong as I will be bringing my tablet. I want to avoid using my data allowance as much as I can

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes but on public transport expect a limited service with no streaming, similar to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Yes, there is WiFi in most places.
    There is WiFi on the underground at a lot of stations but it's either a paid service or is free with most mobile or broadband contracts.

If you know anyone in London ask them for a login.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭El Vino

Starbucks and McDonalds have good free wifi. You are rarely far from one. it is also worth downloading an app from Sky called "the cloud" which gives you free wifi at all train stations and loads of other hotspots. If you have the app it will log you in each time rather than the annoying registration.

Advertisement