Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student Interviews for TCD

Options
  • 24-03-2018 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi ,

Just wondering is anyone waiting to hear about mature student interviews for clinical speech and Language studies TCD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

aoifed6 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Just wondering is anyone waiting to hear about mature student interviews for clinical speech and Language studies TCD?

Not waiting for a reply about this particular course, or this university for that matter, But having spoke to more than one lecturer who interviews mature students, They said not to worry if you don't hear anything for another couple of weeks, They will be busy enough with their current students preparing for exams etc.

Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aoifed6

joecass123 wrote: »
    Not waiting for a reply about this particular course, or this university for that matter, But having spoke to more than one lecturer who interviews mature students, They said not to worry if you don't hear anything for another couple of weeks, They will be busy enough with their current students preparing for exams etc.

Best of Luck.

Hi joe,

Thank you for your reply..
    The offers for interviews were sent out in February last year ,so I just thought I’d put it out there to see if anyone was called !

Thank you
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

On Mytcd.ie it is saying an academic is reviewing my application. I say it be another week or two

hi historymania,

what course are you waiting to hear from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 noname7

On Mytcd.ie it is saying an academic is reviewing my application. I say it be another week or two

Hi HistoryMania,

After reading your comment, I quickly checked mytcd. I didn’t know there was an application status section. Mine says the same “academic is reviewing application”. I’m just curious how long its been under review but I suppose that doesn’t matter. It’s good to know what’s happening though. Hopefully we’ll all hear something soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 vauraine

Hi,

I applied for social work in TCD and got an interview email yesterday. Someone else I know going for an arts course also got their email yesterday so I'd say you'll probably hear in the next few days.

Good luck!

GREAT THANKS A MILL FOR THAT !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Blekinge

Is everyone else's interview in the Large O'Reilly Conference Room? I got an interview on the 10th of April there and I can't imagine that they need the whole hall just for mature students for my course. There must be other mature student applicants for other courses at the same time, right?

my interview last year was in the school department , Leinster street.

Blekinge wrote: »
    Is everyone else's interview in the Large O'Reilly Conference Room? I got an interview on the 10th of April there and I can't imagine that they need the whole hall just for mature students for my course. There must be other mature student applicants for other courses at the same time, right?

I'm not very familiar with the layout. My interview is on the 10th too but in the arts building, no mention of O'Reilly room. Perhaps if they're running all the interviews they're just using all available meeting rooms.

• Advertisement

vauraine wrote: »

I'm not very familiar with the layout. My interview is on the 10th too but in the arts building, no mention of O'Reilly room. Perhaps if they're running all the interviews they're just using all available meeting rooms.
    The O'Reilly room is sort of where all the STEM degrees are(my sister went there so I know my way around). I'm guessing they may sort the interviews by faculties. Do you mind me asking which course, or even faculty, your interview is for?

The O'Reilly room is sort of where all the STEM degrees are(my sister went there so I know my way around). I'm guessing they may sort the interviews by faculties. Do you mind me asking which course, or even faculty, your interview is for?

Don't mind at all, my interview is for social work. Yours? I'm trying not to think about it too much so I don't get too nervous lol.

Don't mind at all, my interview is for social work. Yours? I'm trying not to think about it too much so I don't get too nervous lol.

I haven’t got my interview yet but it’s my second year to apply for clinical speech and language studies. My feedback was very positive and I did everything they suggested to do ..
    Im just hoping I get interview this year again

Mine is for Computer Science. Yeah I should probably do the same. I'm nervous enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

I am a currently finishing first year in TCD, as a mature student, doing Sociology and Social Policy. PM me if you have any questions about the college or anything.

DeeAvery wrote: »
    I am a currently finishing first year in TCD, as a mature student, doing Sociology and Social Policy. PM me if you have any questions about the college or anything.

Hi DeeAvery,

Have you met other mature students from speech and language course.. I’m interested to chat to others on the course ?

DeeAvery wrote: »

Hi DeeAvery,

Have you met other mature students from speech and language course.. I’m interested to chat to others on the course ?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

aoifed6 wrote: »
    Hi DeeAvery,

No, I don't unfortunately, someone else might?

If you contact Clodagh in the mature students office or even the mature student society they might me about to help get you in touch with a student. Though its exam and assignment time now so people might be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gillian.d

Good luck with your interview vauaraine. I was in your shoes this time last year and now coming to the end of my first year in social work. It's a fantastic course. Don't be nervous about the interview, they are lovely people that conduct them, be genuine and show your personality. Best of luck

Does anyone have an suggestions on what dress code to have for the interview? My sister told me I should wear a suit, but that seems a little formal. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear as a male?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have an suggestions on what dress code to have for the interview? My sister told me I should wear a suit, but that seems a little formal. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear as a

It really depends on the course, I've heard law and medicine students dress to impress. I'm in social work and dressed smart/casual. If you're not comfortable wearing a full suit, lose the jacket. Best of luck with your interview.

I dressed smart casual for my interview last year , just like I would for a job interview.

Best of luck ! ☘️

Gillian.d wrote: »
    Good luck with your interview vauaraine. I was in your shoes this time last year and now coming to the end of my first year in social work. It's a fantastic course. Don't be nervous about the interview, they are lovely people that conduct them, be genuine and show your personality. Best of luck

Thanks Gillian! I'm trying to control the nerves, although desperately failing lol. Hopefully I'll be in your shoes next year!

Thanks Gillian! I'm trying to control the nerves, although desperately failing lol. Hopefully I'll be in your shoes next year!

They don't hold being nervous against you, I told them I was. It shows them that this is something you really want. I was shaking going in but they put you at ease. It's not overly complicated questions, just why you want to do this etc. Oh and if you find out that you were put on a waiting list don't think that you didn't get it, quite a few of my class were on that. Stay positive and best of luck.

Gillian.d wrote: »
    They don't hold being nervous against you, I told them I was. It shows them that this is something you really want. I was shaking going in but they put you at ease. It's not overly complicated questions, just why you want to do this etc. Oh and if you find out that you were put on a waiting list don't think that you didn't get it, quite a few of my class were on that. Stay positive and best of luck.

Thanks for that, puts my mind at ease a bit. May I ask how many mature students are in your class? I read there's 10 spaces but that seems like a lot for a class of 45.

Thanks for that, puts my mind at ease a bit. May I ask how many mature students are in your class? I read there's 10 spaces but that seems like a lot for a class of 45.

We had 10 starting but it's 9 now. It is a lot but for social work, they like having more matures than the usual 5 or 6 because life experience etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Does anyone have an suggestions on what dress code to have for the interview? My sister told me I should wear a suit, but that seems a little formal. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear as a male?

Within certain limits, I would suggest that you wear whatever you are most comfortable in. You've a little bit of time to show how committed and enthusiastic you are, that's the most important part.

I'm just finishing a law and business degree. I think I wore something like jeans and a shirt.

Still no interviews for CSLS...
    😩

• Registered Users Posts: 3 noname7

For those of you that have not heard back yet for interviews please check with academic registry. I got a call yesterday from Trinity asking if I will be coming to the interview tomorrow. I told her I had no idea I had been shortlisted for interview. Initially I was excited and then the shock slowly set in that it’s tomorrow. Turns out when I was filling in my application my macbook autofill automatically changed my email to an old email address. I had gotten the interview invitation in March but didnt know as I never check that email. All in all the past 24 hours have been very stressfull and hectic. So to avoid what happened to me please call academic registry about your interviews! Best of Luck!

• Advertisement

Hi..
    I got my interview.. apparently 125 applications to go through !

Best of luck to everyone in their interviews .

Advertisement