Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Davy trading vs Degiro

Options
  • 24-03-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just wondering which of these trading platforms offers the best option for someone looking to trade with a low amount of money (1-2k ish). Degiro offers a low transaction fee but I’ve read that they aren’t safe as they could fold and I’d lose my money. Any opinions are welcome and any other platforms others use. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 eliterank

Degiro is just as safe as Davy and the chances of them folding are extremely unlikely. Degiro hold clients assets in a separate custodian entity meaning that if something happens to them, clients money will not be treated as recoverable assets to creditors. Considering you'll only trading with 1-2k Degiro is the better option, the fees charged by Davy will wipe out most of your profits if you're an active day trader

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

eliterank wrote: »
    Degiro is just as safe as Davy and the chances of them folding are extremely unlikely. Degiro hold clients assets in a separate custodian entity meaning that if something happens to them, clients money will not be treated as recoverable assets to creditors. Considering you'll only trading with 1-2k Degiro is the better option, the fees charged by Davy will wipe out most of your profits if you're an active day trader
    Thank you ðŸ‘

Advertisement