Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On fence about Xbox one x

Options
  • 24-03-2018 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

So I’ve gotten myself a nice 4K TV and I really want to make it shine.

I have a switch and have had a pro, albeit not coupled with a 4K TV at the time, so I’m looking at my options.

The Xbox is the most powerful console and has a 4K blu ray drive, but I’m not finding any exclusives to draw me to it.

The games I’d like most on the Xbox is red dead redemption 2 and the new battlefield game, but those won’t be out until November time.

Would the Xbox really look substantially better than the pro is what I’m wondering? I only had a 1080p screen with the pro so I can’t judge it properly.

It’d be nice to try something fresh with the Xbox as I’ve never owned one, but is it really worth the extra money and lack of exclusives over the pro?

If anyone has both consoles that would be fantastic input

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

So I’ve gotten myself a nice 4K TV and I really want to make it shine.

I have a switch and have had a pro, albeit not coupled with a 4K TV at the time, so I’m looking at my options.

The Xbox is the most powerful console and has a 4K blu ray drive, but I’m not finding any exclusives to draw me to it.

The games I’d like most on the Xbox is red dead redemption 2 and the new battlefield game, but those won’t be out until November time.

Would the Xbox really look substantially better than the pro is what I’m wondering? I only had a 1080p screen with the pro so I can’t judge it properly.

It’d be nice to try something fresh with the Xbox as I’ve never owned one, but is it really worth the extra money and lack of exclusives over the pro?

If anyone has both consoles that would be fantastic input

I have both and its not going to look substantially better than the pro in every game or way. Also, the level of performance of your 4k tv is going to give benefits as well depending on the quality of the hdr, 4k, etc.

Loads of more clued in lads on the TV benefits so they will add to this I'm sure

If you are comparing both on graphics alone, there are going to be things that look better to you for each. A bit like the countless game comparisons when they are multi platform.

The Xbox One X is a good console and developers released significant patches for some games to give them 4k benefits and to take advantage of the extra power of the console even on 1080p super sampling. Games look great.

However its not graphics alone that should be the only deciding factor for a pro or One X as there are plenty of performance enhancements on games to give you better frame rates or tweak graphics or performance.

Big advantage on Xbox is the games pass which gives you a lot of games for less than a tenner a month and will be giving all first party games on release into the future.

Sea of thieves being one of them. Also with EA access, there are good benefits.

I also like the fact that you can have multiple external hard drives for your games on the One X.

If you really want to make an informed decision, YouTube is your friend as there are loads of direct comparisons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would say it comes down 100% to the games or associated features (Gamepass, EA Access). The Xbox One X is superior, might seperate a bit more from PS4 Pro also in the longer run, but nothing really worth basing your opinion on. I actually have both on a 4K TV.

Advertisement