Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres wearing on inside

Options
  • 24-03-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

The tires on my car that I just bought are heavily wearing on the inside. The wire is practically out on the inside but it's perfect on the rest of tyre. Is this because the car is lowered or because the car has stretched tires on the alloys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jeepcj

If the car was lowered and the camber/tracking wasn't adjusted properly then yes. Just get the tracking checked and new tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Conorh123

jeepcj wrote: »
    If the car was lowered and the camber/tracking wasn't adjusted properly then yes. Just get the tracking checked and new tyres
    This is the rear tires nothing ya can adjust on those it's a passat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭jmreire

Conorh123 wrote: »
    This is the rear tires nothing ya can adjust on those it's a passat

Something else wrong so....that kind of wear is unnatural.. wire showing on shortly after fitting??? How many miles/Klms since they were fitted? How many miles in total has the car done? Has it worn the previous tyres like this? Is it a saloon or an estate Passat? Do you tow a trailer, or carry a lot of weight in the back? How much Because that kind of wear ( to my mind) indicates that the tyre is dished in at the top, and out at the bottom. Weak suspensions could cause this as well, see how many fingers can you fit between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the wing...then have a look at some other Passat's you see... will give you an idea... There may not be any adjustment as such on the rear of the Passat, but bushes wear, and worn bushes could cause it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Is the car lowered? If it is that’s your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Try getting 4 wheel alignment done, adjusts all angles

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

uch wrote: »
    Try getting 4 wheel alignment done, adjusts all angles

Not on cars that have no adjustment.... most cars have no possible adjustment on the rear and only limited movement on the front

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Have u maybe hit something with ur back wheel that could be somewhat bent slightly. As stated there is no adjustment of camber on the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Conorh123 wrote: »
    The tires on my car that I just bought are heavily wearing on the inside. The wire is practically out on the inside but it's perfect on the rest of tyre. Is this because the car is lowered or because the car has stretched tires on the alloys

If the car is lowered then that is why it is happening. If the car is lowered quite a bit then you will have negative camber on all wheels which means the inside of the tyres will wear quicker.

Advertisement