Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kuota bikes - anyone got an opinion on them?

Options
  • 23-03-2018 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is thinking of getting one, I see the Cofidis team use them so they have to be fairly decent. Has anyone got an experience with them, would you recommend? They are lovely looking bikes to be fair.

http://www.kuotacycle.it/gb-en/cycles/road
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Quite a reputable brand. Rode one of their touring bike years ago in the Netherlands and it was a dream. No reason to think their race bikes would not be as good a quality.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Andy Magic wrote: »
    A friend of mine is thinking of getting one, I see the Cofidis team use them so they have to be fairly decent. Has anyone got an experience with them, would you recommend? They are lovely looking bikes to be fair.

http://www.kuotacycle.it/gb-en/cycles/road

There is very little difference between bike brands and huge differences between individual bikes. It really comes down to individual frame and group set.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

I have a kyron for the past year and love it. I’m no cycle expert but the only issue I had was a vibrating cable inside the top tube which was sorted quickly. They stick their own brand brake calipers on them which I’ve since changed to ultegra which I noticed gave considerably better stopping power. Everything else was spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

I have a Kiral, just into its 3rd year now (I don't do 'hack' or 'winter' bikes...so it's ridden all year round, and we live in heavily farmed areas with s**ty wet roads from Nov to Feb every winter) and would have no probs buying another one. No issues with it.
    The missus has a Kharma Evo, since early 2014 I think...being an aero bike and with a seatpost like a razorblade, it is very, VERY unforgiving. She wouldn't get another Aero one but she's comparing to a Look Bike with an ISP and their dampening system thingy. Other than that it is a lovely bike, and still looks brand new. No issues with that one either.
    I do about 10,000km per yr, the Kharma about 5-6000km.

I hired a Kebel in France in 2011 and it was very stiff, but again it was aero seatpost... maybe the newer Aero's are alright but for sure the Kiral is well confortable, even on 23mm tyres and 50 or 60mm wheels.

Advertisement