Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway paving quote

Options
  • 23-03-2018 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

I want to widen our driveway by about 6ft.

I got a quote of €1000 for the following:

Pave an area of 9 mtrs squared with cobble block. Area being extended over is currently a dirt patch with some grass.

That works out at like €111 per square meter which seems a bit excessive - would I be right in saying this?

The advantage of using this company is that they originally paved the existing driveway there at the moment - so they will use exactly the same bricks and design.

He mentioned the reason for the higher cost per square meter is because it's a smaller job..

Any feedback appreciated - or recommendations for driveway pavers in West Dublin area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Veloce wrote: »
    I want to widen our driveway by about 6ft.

I got a quote of €1000 for the following:

Pave an area of 9 mtrs squared with cobble block. Area being extended over is currently a dirt patch with some grass.

That works out at like €111 per square meter which seems a bit excessive - would I be right in saying this?

The advantage of using this company is that they originally paved the existing driveway there at the moment - so they will use exactly the same bricks and design.

He mentioned the reason for the higher cost per square meter is because it's a smaller job..

Any feedback appreciated - or recommendations for driveway pavers in West Dublin area.

Thanks

Its a bit on the high side but yes you will usually pay more per meter if only doing a smaller area. Paving a larger area is more efficient when you compare time time it takes per meter

Probably still room to haggle though.

See if hes willing to sell the bricks and you could do the job yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

They are doing quite a large contracting job in the new build estate where I am at the moment (~80+ full drivways) - so I think my job is a bit a 'mickey mouse' one for them hence the price.

Not sure if I should shop around elsewhere or bite the bullet. I don't want to feel like I've been robbed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Did you get the work done?

Did you get the work done?

Not yet - I've put it on the back burner for now but I am still intending to get it done. Had 2 other quotes since. Both €1000 jobs also. Looks like I won't get it done any cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

What part of the country are you in?

• Advertisement

tradesman wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in?

Dublin 15.

Advertisement