Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac book pro power problem

Options
  • 23-03-2018 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone might have a solution to the following problem. My MacBook Pro was working fine until less then an hour ago. Still had charge over 50% in it. However when I plugged in the charge the whole thing suddenly shut down. Now it won’t turn on, it won’t charge and even the little lights on the side that indicate battery life won’t come on when I press the button. Any ideas or solutions to the problem would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jcarroll07 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone might have a solution to the following problem. My MacBook Pro was working fine until less then an hour ago. Still had charge over 50% in it. However when I plugged in the charge the whole thing suddenly shut down. Now it won’t turn on, it won’t charge and even the little lights on the side that indicate battery life won’t come on when I press the button. Any ideas or solutions to the problem would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Sometimes the chargers just give up!(I had a 2009 one and went through 4 chargers!)... maybe!
    You can get them on adverts if you have the model number.

What model number is the charger and laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jcarroll07

Sometimes the chargers just give up!(I had a 2009 one and went through 4 chargers!)... maybe!
    You can get them on adverts if you have the model number.

What model number is the charger and laptop?

Thanks for the reply. Charger is less then a year old and in good shap also the laptop had over 50% power when it cut out. So it’s not just the charger that’s at issue if it’s the charger at all. It cut out immediately when it actually attacked the charger to it if that helps in diagnosing the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Dunno then.
    There is a Mac forum that might be more help thataway--> https://touch.boards.ie/forum/108

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jcarroll07

Fixed it. Basically took off the underneath and plugged out the plugged back in the actual battery working fine now. Bit weird but seems to have worked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement