Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP D15

Options
  • 23-03-2018 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good GP in the D15/D7 area that takes medical cards? I have just moved here and my last GP was a very uncaring , unprofessional person. I am really anxious about a new one and even though there seem to be many practices, they are either full or don't accept Medical cards. I don't want to register somewhere and be subjected to the same impersonal treatment. It's bad enough suffering chronic pain 24/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

trishabon wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good GP in the D15/D7 area that takes medical cards? I have just moved here and my last GP was a very uncaring , unprofessional person. I am really anxious about a new one and even though there seem to be many practices, they are either full or don't accept Medical cards. I don't want to register somewhere and be subjected to the same impersonal treatment. It's bad enough suffering chronic pain 24/7

Sorry for all your problems Trish.
    If you cannot get a GP to take you on then you must write to medical cards telling them that you have moved( I’m assuming here that you have a live medical card), give them your new address, and the names and addresses of 3 GP practices that have refused you.
    You will then be assigned a GP.
    I’m afraid you won’t have any choice in which GP.
    This process can take some 6 weeks at least to go through so it’s imperative you act now.
    Don’t forget to include the PPSN DOB and last address of yourself and any dependents you have.
    Write to
    Client Registeation Unit
    HSE PCRS
    Finglas
    D 11

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

splinter65 wrote: »
    Sorry for all your problems Trish.
    If you cannot get a GP to take you on then you must write to medical cards telling them that you have moved( I’m assuming here that you have a live medical card), give them your new address, and the names and addresses of 3 GP practices that have refused you.
    You will then be assigned a GP.
    I’m afraid you won’t have any choice in which GP.
    This process can take some 6 weeks at least to go through so it’s imperative you act now.
    Don’t forget to include the PPSN DOB and last address of yourself and any dependents you have.
    Write to
    Client Registeation Unit
    HSE PCRS
    Finglas
    D 11
    Thanks Splinter65, I did try calling the HSE and was told that they don't give out GP numbers and I had to find my own. There is a place on the Navan Road but I am hesitant to go anywhere near these large group practices because of how I've been treated the past three years. However, I am on chronic medication so I put up the post hoping that someone might be able to share a personal referral. Its hard enough to suffer daily without the person who is meant to be helping you being a dehumanising experience every time you seek help. I think the whole point of seeing one GP is to build a bond and trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

trishabon wrote: »
    Thanks Splinter65, I did try calling the HSE and was told that they don't give out GP numbers and I had to find my own. There is a place on the Navan Road but I am hesitant to go anywhere near these large group practices because of how I've been treated the past three years. However, I am on chronic medication so I put up the post hoping that someone might be able to share a personal referral. Its hard enough to suffer daily without the person who is meant to be helping you being a dehumanising experience every time you seek help. I think the whole point of seeing one GP is to build a bond and trust.
    Unfortunately if you avail of the medical card system then you are extremely limited in your choice of GP.
    I hope you find someone who suits you and who also has an opening on their medical card list.

Advertisement