Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should/does date night equal sex

Options
  • 23-03-2018 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭

For some reason this popped into my head yesterday. For you couples out there that have designated date nights does it normally mean that sex follows or it is a case that it can't be programmed like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

Bit of an odd question. Anyone can decide at any point on any occasion not to have sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

For some reason this popped into my head yesterday. For you couples out there that have designated date nights does it normally mean that sex follows or it is a case that it can't be programmed like that?

It used to. Until I left it in too long now we have a 7 year old who loves waking up just as I am about to slip it it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It depends on how tired we are after date night, usually we crash in bed as we have a 3 year old bound to wake up in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Coles wrote:
    Bit of an odd question. Anyone can decide at any point on any occasion not to have sex.

Omg! Get down off that horse boss.........op is not suggesting that one party has a right to have sex against the others wishes.......

OP: us normal, well adjusted, non sjw, non triggered people understood the meaning of your question.

In answer to your question, it would depend on many factors. How long the couple are a couple, the last time they had sex, are there kids at home, do they have an early start etc. I've found in my younger day that the preoccupation of sex after the date affected the date itself. Its best just to go with the flow.

Personally, I wake everyday hoping sex is on the cards that day but that's just me......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

khaldrogo wrote:
    OP: us normal, well adjusted, non sjw, non triggered people understood the meaning of your question.

Looks very much like you were triggered by Cole's post........

• Advertisement

Touche

What can I say, I'm triggered by stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Touche

What can I say, I'm triggered by stupidity

It is a weird question and you are being total drama queenabout perfectly sensible response. We rarely have sex after we go out for dinner and we never equated date night with sex. We would far more likely have sex in the morning. I really don't think there is a rule to it, every couple do whatever suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭LolaJJ

I think it depends on the couple and how long they have been together and what the situation is - kids etc.

I'm with my bf 6 months, we have a mid-week date night and spend all weekend together; we have sex at least once every single night and every single morning we spend together....

In previous more established relationships where we lived together for a number of years we'd have sex most days but sometimes one or both people is too tired or on different schedules, date nights usually mean sex but in my experience it's because date nights mean both people are relaxed, having fun, enjoying eachother so it's a natural progression - the tone of the question is implying that there might be some kind of obligation which is probably the unhealthy part

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

OP is this a specific personal issue for you or should I move this to a general discussion forum to avoid it getting locked here?

meeeeh wrote:
    It is a weird question and you are being total drama queenabout perfectly sensible response. We rarely have sex after we go out for dinner and we never equated date night with sex. We would far more likely have sex in the morning. I really don't think there is a rule to it, every couple do whatever suits them.

The sensible response to the OP asking whether consenting couples in relationships would have sex on date night is to say that everyone has the right to say no?

That doesn't seem out of context and off point to you no?

To me it seems like a '#metoo bandwagon PC look at how feminist I am' response that is totally out of place and is in no way related to the OPs question.

Imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

khaldrogo wrote: »
    The sensible response to the OP asking whether consenting couples in relationships would have sex on date night is to say that everyone has the right to say no?

That doesn't seem out of context and off point to you no?

To me it seems like a '#metoo bandwagon PC look at how feminist I am' response that is totally out of place and is in no way related to the OPs question.

Imo

I think the point was that even at the end of a date night, neither partner should be feeling pressured into sex, or that there is some obligation because it's date night, even though they are not in the mood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement