Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get from Dublin to Hollywood, Co. Wicklow via public transport?

Options
  • 22-03-2018 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am looking to get to Hollywood, Co. Wicklow without a car.

The 132 Bus Éireann route seems to go by Hollywood, but I can't see online if it stops there regularly. Even if it didn't, would a typical driver be inclined to stop there if asked politely beforehand?

I could get the 65 Dublin Bus to Ballymore Eustace, but the 5km walk along the road to Hollywood seems a little dangerous.

Is there a better way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Get a car if your going to be doing this regularly if not then perhaps consider getting the 65 to Blessington and a taxi to Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cnnc

It's just a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Best option for you to get a 65 to Ballymore Eustace and then get a lift or a cab from there. The roads are dangerous to walk around that part of the world and is not a safe option. Also, the Hollywood village and the townland itself are a very movable feast so your 5KM could easily turn into a 10, 11, 12KM trip in no time atall which makes walking even less sane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I went from the Northside to Ballymore Eustace today. I don't drive and am entitled to free transport, I agree it would be nice for Hollywood to be served by public transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I went from the Northside to Ballymore Eustace today. I don't drive and am entitled to free transport, I agree it would be nice for Hollywood to be served by public transport.

I suppose you could run two or three 65s there a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I suppose you could run two or three 65s there a day.

The 65 used to serve Donard, a few miles further own down the road. It was withdrawn after numbers using what was a poor service dropped off. Can't see it ever getting a service again; it's over a 50KM trip from the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

The 65 used to serve Donard, a few miles further own down the road. It was withdrawn after numbers using what was a poor service dropped off. Can't see it ever getting a service again; it's over a 50KM trip from the city centre.

The Bus Eireann 132 serves Donard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MGWR

The Bus Eireann 132 serves Donard.
    The village, as the 65 did? The only point indicated on the timetable is Annalecky Cross without leaving the N81. The village would be about 1.5 miles, and uphill from the crossroads.

The 65's Donard service ran at very odd times of the day and not at times designed to serve commuters. And when one converts 50 kilometres into miles (about 32 miles), that sometimes seems like a short commute these days.

Advertisement