Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting an iPhone off iCloud

Options
  • 22-03-2018 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Bought a phone, had to bring it back and get a new one. They can’t get the original off iCloud. Phone has all my personal data still on it.

I deleted the phone off my iCloud but the folks in the store still say they can see my photos, contacts etc. Bloody puzzling. I have to go down there?

The phone isn’t on Find my iPhone anymore so don’t get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Bought a phone, had to bring it back and get a new one. They can’t get the original off iCloud. Phone has all my personal data still on it.

I deleted the phone off my iCloud but the folks in the store still say they can see my photos, contacts etc. Bloody puzzling. I have to go down there?

Erasing it and removing off iCloud are two separate things. Did you wipe the phone before giving it to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Zhane wrote: »

Erasing it and removing off iCloud are two separate things. Did you wipe the phone before giving it to them?

Don’t know. What do you think I need to do so this phone no longer has any of my iCloud data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Don’t know. What do you think I need to do so this phone no longer has any of my iCloud data?

Can you go back to the shop and log back onto the iCloud on the phone and then delete everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

how.gareth wrote: »

Can you go back to the shop and log back onto the iCloud on the phone and then delete everything?

Probably will have to but Jesus Christ..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You need to disable activation lock so they can wipe the device. See how to remove the phone from your account in the link below:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201441

If you've already done this then there's a problem on their end. The fact that they didn't even check this before taking the phone off you suggests they may not be familiar with iPhones.

You should always wipe your device before leaving it into a shop for any reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement